"Keep Calm, and Carry On"
Cinderella: Why, if you love me, would you have strayed?
Prince: I thought if you were mine, that I would never wish for more. And part of me is content and as happy as I've ever been. But there remains a part of me that continually needs more.
Cinderella: I have, on occasion, wanted more. But that doesn't mean I went in search of it. If this is how you behave as a Prince, what kind of King will you be?
Prince: I was raised to be charming, not sincere. I didn't ask to be born a King, and I am not perfect. I am only human.
Cinderella: I think you should go.
Prince: Leave? But I do love you.
Cinderella: Consider that I have been lost. A victim of the Giant.
Prince: Is that really what you wish?
Cinderella: My father's house was a nightmare. Your house was a dream. Now I want something in between. Please go.
Prince: I shall always love the maiden who ran away.
Cinderella: And I, the faraway Prince.
i feel like being in a musical goes in the following stages
- listening to nothing but [musical] because you’re so excited to start
- listening to nothing but [musical] to learn your part
- listening to anything but [musical] bc it’s been too much of [musical]
- listening to nothing but [musical] bc you can’t wait to open
- listening to nothing but [musical] bc [musical] is over and you miss it
- listening to anything but [musical] bc listening to it makes you sad
Like, if you honestly think about it, vocally this show has everyone. Legit soprano (Emma), Cray cray belters (Jekyll/Hyde, Lucy), Legit Tenors and Baritones (basically the board of governors), character voices (The Red Rat workers).
MY UNNATURAL OBSESSION OVER MUSICALS BY FRANK WILDHORN IS BACK.